Mountain Jam#mountainjam Home ▸ Festivals ▸ United States ▸ New York ▸ Hunter Mountain ▸ Mountain Jam
Please note that due to the COVID-19 pandemic, many events around the world are being cancelled or postponed. Please be sure to visit the official website of any event you are planning to attend to ensure that is has not been canceled.
This is the general information page for Mountain Jam. For specific events/years follow the links below.
Mountain Jam 2020
Mountain Jam 2019
Mountain Jam 2018
Hunter Mountain, New York, United States
The next Mountain Jam will be happening sometime in the future.
Annual Summer festival
Ages: From 0 To 100
Connect with Mountain Jam
This festival's page is updated and maintained by volunteers and moderators. This festival has not been claimed yet. Please contact us to update any out of date information.
If you are associated with this festival then you may claim this entry and keep the data up to date.
About Mountain Jam
Words from the Festival
"Mountain Jam is a three-day, multi-stage event, featuring approximately 40 bands on 3 stages in one of the Northeasts most pristine natural amphitheaters. Rolling Stone Magazine, along with many other noteworthy national publications, consistently rates Mountain Jam as one to the top music festivals in the country. In 2011, Pollstar recognized Mountain Jam with a nomination for Music Festival of the Year.
The Festival offers 3-Day festival tickets with and without camping, VIP, and Super VIP with single day tickets available closer to the festival. On-site camping and condos, and a variety of nearby hotels, lodges and ski chalets offer attendees a wide variety of accommodations.
Nestled in the beautiful Catskill Mountains, Hunter Mountain is a world class ski resort that offers many year-round amenities. The Lodge provides fans with 24-hour access to indoor bathrooms, a large, full service bar, and food services. The Sky Ride provides a fun and unique opportunity for fans to take in the beautiful views of the Catskill Mountains while watching the music. More daring fans can experience North Americas longest and highest Zipline. Parking is free, and there are also plenty of other fun-filled attractions, a wide variety of food vendors (from gourmet and organic fare to the usual comfort foods like burgers and pizza), arts & crafts vendors, and artist signings. Mountain Jam prides itself on being family friendly. Children 10 and under are admitted at no charge with a paid adult and there is plenty of entertainment for kids including a childrens tent with fun-filled activities.
The festivals forward-thinking Awareness Village will once again host exhibits from not-for-profit organizations and environmental groups, childrens entertainment, performance and sculpture art, physical and spiritual healing, a beer and wine garden, and much more. The Festival will also be continuing its greening efforts with recycling, carbon offsets, and $1 water refills to reduce the usage of plastic water bottles.
Over the years, Mountain Jam has hosted some of the top names in live music, including The Black Keys, Beck, Robert Plant, Wilco, Alabama Shakes, The Allman Brothers Band, Phil Lesh & Friends, Bob Weir & Ratdog, Govt Mule, Widespread Panic, My Morning Jacket, Dispatch, The Lumineers, Pretty Lights, Steve Winwood, The Avett Brothers, Alison Krauss & Union Station, Ray LaMontagne, Damian Jr. Gong Marley, Ben Folds Five, Primus, Michael Franti & Spearhead, Tedeschi Trucks Band, The Roots, Jeff Tweedy, Umphreys McGee, Bla Fleck & The Flecktones, James Murphy (of LCD Soundsystem), Chris Robinson Brotherhood, Robert Randolph & The Family Band, Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros, Grace Potter & The Nocturnals, Mavis Staples, Girl Talk, The Hold Steady, Coheed & Cambria, Drive-By Truckers Yonder Mountain String Band, Les Claypool, Matisyahu, Dave Mason, Gary Clark Jr., Medeski Martin & Wood, Mike Gordon, G. Love & Special Sauce, Richie Havens, Martin Sexton, Ozomatli, Galactic, Brett Dennen, Gomez, New Orleans Social Club, Jackie Greene, Ingrid Michaelson , and The Felice Brothers , among many others. In 2010, the festival presented Levon Helm s 70th Birthday Jubilee with very special guests Warren Haynes, Donald Fagen, Ray LaMontagne, Sam Bush, Steve Earle, Patterson & David Hood, Jackie Greene and Allison Moorer ."
Rate Mountain Jam
In The News!
- The Complete Mountain Jam 2018 Playlist Featuring Portugal. The Man, Alt-J, Jack Johnson - Bandsintown News Mar 14, 2018
- Woodstock, Mountain Jam, Clearwater and Tail Winds: Share your 2019 festival plans - Poughkeepsie Journal Feb 20, 2019
- Mountain Jam Confirms 2019 Lineup - JamBase Feb 07, 2019
- Mountain Jam and 'glamping' at Bethel Woods - The River Reporter Feb 13, 2019
- Jukebox: Mountain Jam moving, but fests will endure - The Daily Gazette Feb 14, 2019
- Mountain Jam 2019 Will Not Be Held at Hunter Mountain - Relix Feb 01, 2019
- Music fans find lots to love at Mountain Jam 2018 Jun 18, 2018
- Mountain Jam kicks off; people drive hours to catch the scene and the music Jun 15, 2018
- Everything you need to know about Mountain Jam 2018 Jun 14, 2018
- Mountain Jam: 'Hipster festival' plots new course Jun 5, 2018
- Mountain Jam 2018 daily lineups Mar 13, 2018
- The Complete Mountain Jam 2018 Playlist Featuring Portugal. The Man, Alt-J, Jack Johnson Mar 14, 2018
- Mountain Jam music festival announces daily lineups, ticket options Mar 13, 2018
- Anderson East, Sturgill Simpson Set for Mountain Jam 2018 Mar 14, 2018