Please note that due to the COVID-19 pandemic, many events around the world are being cancelled or postponed. Please be sure to visit the official website of any event you are planning to attend to ensure that is has not been canceled.
Lexton, Victoria, Australia
The next Rainbow Serpent will be happening sometime in the future.
Typical Attendance: 10000
Held Annually in January
Ages: From 0 To 100
Connect with Rainbow Serpent
This festival's page is updated and maintained by volunteers and moderators. This festival has not been claimed yet. Please contact us to update any out of date information.
If you are associated with this festival then you may claim this entry and keep the data up to date.
About Rainbow Serpent
Rainbow Serpent Festival has come a long way over the years. From a small gathering in a secluded clearing, to an internationally recognized, multifaceted weekend of dance, colour, expression and celebration. People now travel from all over the world to Western Victoria to experience what is widely regarded as one of the bestmusic, art and lifestyle festivals in the world.
For many of the 10,000 plus people that attend each year, Rainbow has become an institution, and annual reunion, a marker in the year thats looked forward to for months in advance. For others its a fresh discovery of opportunity and escapism, a chance to connect with like minded individuals and to celebrate nature, community and harmony. Perhaps the continued success of Rainbow can be accredited to the broad experiences and opportunities on offer.
No longer just an electronic music festival these days you can expect to experience a unique combination of music, art, performance, spiritual education, relaxation and healing. "While dancing their Dreamings, aborigines spiritually connect themselves to the land and to the Dreamtime. The drumming of feet during the dance draws the earth into dialogue with the dancers, allowing the ceremony to bring the power of the Dreaming to life." The name Rainbow Serpent is distinctly Australian, coming from the Dreamtime creation story told by the traditional owners of the land. Dreamtime stories often vary between aboriginal tribes, however the story of the Rainbow Serpent is special as it is one of the few common to all. The Rainbow Serpent is protector of the land, and the source of all life.
Music has always been a highlight of Rainbow. From the early trance days to the broader musical style of today, one thing Rainbow has never compromised on is the quality of it's acts. With world class dcor, roving artistic performances, crazy activities you cant imagine a more exotic sensory mix spread over four days. Put simply if youve never been to the Rainbow Serpent Festival, now is the time to buy a tent and call your friends.
Rate Rainbow Serpent
In The News!
- Rainbow Serpent Festival in doubt after bushfire razes grounds and buildings - Sydney Morning Herald Dec 23, 2019
- What we can learn from festivals like Rainbow Serpent - Pursuit Feb 12, 2019
- Questions raised about future of Rainbow Serpent Festival - Ballarat Courier Jan 29, 2019
- Lexton and Beaufort embrace Rainbow Serpent Festival - Ballarat Courier Jan 21, 2019
- Plans to hold pill testing demonstration at Rainbow Serpent Festival cancelled - ABC Local Jan 16, 2019
- All the colours of the Rainbow Serpent Festival brighten up little Lexton - ABC Online Jan 28, 2014
- Throwback Thursday: 'The Serpent And The Rainbow' (1988) - Science Fiction Jan 03, 2019
- Rainbow Serpent Festival Makes First Lineup Announcement For 2019 - Music Feeds Aug 14, 2018
- Los Angeles: Win Tickets to SERPENT AND THE RAINBOW Oct 5, 2018
- Rainbow Serpent 2018: Fire, sweat and techno Feb 16, 2018
- Rainbow Serpent contractor busted with abundance of drugs on way to festival Jan 18, 2018
- Australia's Rainbow Serpent festival bans laughing gas Jan 16, 2018
- Rainbow Serpent Festival Is Banning Nangs Completely In 2018 Jan 17, 2018