Bear Creek Folk Festival#bearcreekfolkfestival Home ▸ Festivals ▸ Canada ▸ Alberta ▸ Grande Prairie ▸ Bear Creek Folk Festival
Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada
Aug 16, 2019 - Bear Creek Folk Festival 2019 starts in 50 days!
Ages: From 0 To 100
PO Box 21510 Grande Prairie Co-op, Grande Prairie T8V 6W7
This festival's page is updated and maintained by volunteers and moderators. This festival has not been claimed yet. Please contact us to update any out of date information.
If you are associated with this festival then you may claim this entry and keep the data up to date.
About Bear Creek Folk Festival
Words from the Festival
"Bear Creek Folk Music Festival takes place on Borstad Hill in Muskoseepi Park, in the heart of Grande Prairie. The fest features 4 stages with 35 provincial, national, and international touring artists performing from a wide range of genres, including country, Celtic, blues, gospel, Americana, bluegrass, world music, contemporary and traditional folk, rock , and many things in between.
Our past lineups have included the likes of case/lang/veirs (Neko Case, kd lang, and Laura Veirs), Corb Lund, Bruce Cockburn, Ricky Skaggs and Kentucky Thunder, Matt Andersen, Ashley MacIsaac, Ruthie Foster, and Bahamas. Our 2017 lineup, which will be released in March, promises to be equally exciting.
Our nightly main stage performances feature concerts by numerous great headliners. During the dayon SaturdayandSunday, three simultaneously running stages will feature concerts and workshops (or sessions). Sessions are music-in-the round performances where artists from different groups, including most of the headlining artists, come together and jam on stage. Some sessions are programmed to blend artists of similar backgrounds and genres, and some are designed to throw together artists from wildly different styles. Either way, audiences get to hear performances that will never be heard again in an intimate, up-close and personal setting.
This is a family-friendly event, with children under 12 entering free, and youth and senior discounts available. The vibe is relaxed and all about enjoying world-class music. Sit and listen for a bit then move to the next stage, or find some shade and spend the day in one place soaking up the tunes. Our kids area offers free face-painting and arts & crafts. Enjoy craft beer, ciders, and wines in our beer gardens. Artisan vendors, diverse food options, and a stocked merch tent round out the fests offerings."
THE NON-PROFIT SOCIETY
"The festival is organized by a non-profit society under Albertas Societies Act. The Bear Creek Folk Music Festival Society is governed by a volunteer board that helps coordinate a small staff and team of 500 volunteers that make this event possible. Funding sources include grant funding, revenue generation, donations, gift-in-kind support, and community sponsorship.
The founding board includes current membersJason Owen, Michael Serediak, Caitlin Card, Laura Beauchamp, and Gordie Haakstad."
Rate Bear Creek Folk Festival
In The News!
- City gives $87,500 to Bear Creek Folk Festival - Alberta Daily Herald Tribune May 08, 2019
- 2019 Folk Festival set to be largest in event history - EverythingGP Feb 24, 2019
- Bear Creek Folk Festival, Stompede get Large Scale Tourism Funding Aug 16, 2018
- Bear Creek Folk Fest, GP Stompede get tourism funding from city Aug 14, 2018
- Bear Creek folk trying something new Aug 13, 2018
- The Northbloods eager to play for home crowd Bear Creek Folk Festival Aug 8, 2018
- Free concert added to Bear Creek Folk Festival Jul 26, 2018
- The Northbloods eager to play for home crowd Bear Creek Folk Festival Jul 20, 2018
- Folk fest seeking volunteers Jun 29, 2018
- Family, intimacy strengths for third Bear Creek Folk Festival Mar 20, 2018
- Full lineup announced for 2018 Bear Creek Folk Festival Mar 18, 2018
- First headliner announced for 2018 Bear Creek Folk Festival Jan 26, 2018
- Second headliner announced for 2018 Bear Creek Folk Festival Feb 9, 2018