Vancouver Folk Music Fest#vancouverfolkfest Home ▸ Festivals ▸ Canada ▸ British Columbia ▸ Vancouver ▸ Vancouver Folk Music Fest
Please note that due to the COVID-19 pandemic, many events around the world are being cancelled or postponed. Please be sure to visit the official website of any event you are planning to attend to ensure that is has not been canceled.
Vancouver Folk Music Fest
This is the general information page for Vancouver Folk Music Fest. For specific events/years follow the links below.
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
The next Vancouver Folk Music Fest will be happening sometime in the future.
Annual Summer festival
Suite 230-275 East 1st Avenue Vancouver, British Columbia
This festival's page is updated and maintained by volunteers and moderators. This festival has not been claimed yet. Please contact us to update any out of date information.
If you are associated with this festival then you may claim this entry and keep the data up to date.
About Vancouver Folk Music Fest
The Vancouver Folk Music Festival is a Canadian cultural institution a unique community-based celebration with an internationally-renowned reputation for presenting the finest traditional and contemporary folk and roots music artists from around the world. Now in its 45th year, it continues to be one of the citys most beloved, enjoyed, and respected events named Best Local Music Festival by Georgia Straight readers for the fifth year in a row, and 2016 Best Music Festival by readers of the Westender. The Festival draws 38,000+ enthusiastic attendees annually to beautiful Jericho Beach Park, folks eager to experience the music and culture of more than 60 international, national, and local acts. Every year, two and even three generations of families join friends and fellow community members to share in the music, dance, food, childrens activities and the magical ambience of the festival.
The Festival was founded in 1978 and held in Stanley Park. It relocated to Jericho Beach Park in its second year. Sponsored by the city the first two years, the festival came under the control of the newly established, non-profit Vancouver Folk Music Festival Society late in 1979. In its early years the festival established and ran its own record label and distribution company, Festival Records.
Over the years the Vancouver Folk Music Festival has played a key role in the development of artists and audiences on a regional, national and international level. The society continues to honour the same traditions with an emphasis on emerging and diverse artists.
Rate Vancouver Folk Music Fest
In The News!
- Here's why you should check out Vancouver's most iconic music festival - Vancouver Is Awesome Jun 25, 2018
- Win two weekend passes to Vancouver Folk Music Festival valued at $370! - Vancouver Is Awesome Jul 06, 2018
- The Georgia Straight proudly sponsors the 41st annual Vancouver Folk Music Festival - Straight.com Jul 03, 2018
- 10 acts to catch at this weekend's Vancouver Folk Music Festival Jul 13, 2018
- 41st Vancouver Folk Music Festival still true to tradition, still young at heart Jul 14, 2018
- Vancouver Folk Music Festival culminates amid scorching heat Jul 17, 2018
- The official lineup of the 2018 Vancouver Folk Music Festival has been announced Jul 5, 2018
- Vancouver Folk Music Festival 2018 offers some of the best music in the city Jun 28, 2018
- 5 BC music festivals to attend this summer Jun 6, 2018
- Five reasons to take in the 2018 Vancouver Folk Music Festival Jun 1, 2018
- Music News Digest, May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018
- Organizers release lineup for 41st Vancouver Folk Music Festival May 1, 2018
- Neko Case unveiled on Vancouver Folk Music Festival line-up Mar 8, 2018
- Passenger added to Vancouver Island MusicFest lineup Mar 22, 2018