Please note that due to the COVID-19 pandemic, many events around the world are being cancelled or postponed. Please be sure to visit the official website of any event you are planning to attend to ensure that is has not been canceled.
Black Rock City, Nevada, United States
The next Burning Man will be happening sometime in the future.
Typical Attendance: 70000
Annual Summer Festival
Ages: From 0 To 100
This festival's page is updated and maintained by volunteers and moderators. This festival has not been claimed yet. Please contact us to update any out of date information.
If you are associated with this festival then you may claim this entry and keep the data up to date.
About Burning Man
Words from the festival
"Our mission is to produce the annual event known as "Burning Man" and to guide, nurture and protect the more permanent community created by its culture. Our intention is to generate society that connects each individual to his or her creative powers, to participation in community, to the larger realm of civic life, and to the even greater world of nature that exists beyond society. We believe that the experience of Burning Man can produce positive spiritual change in the world. To this end, it is equally important that we communicate with one another, with the citizens of Black Rock City and with the community of Burning Man wherever it may arise. Burning Man is radically inclusive, and its meaning is potentially accessible to anyone. The touchstone of value in our culture will always be immediacy: experience before theory, moral relationships before politics, survival before services, roles before jobs, embodied ritual before symbolism, work before vested interest, participant support before sponsorship. Finally, in order to accomplish these ends, Burning Man must endure as a self-supporting enterprise that is capable of sustaining the lives of those who dedicate themselves to its work. From this devotion spring those duties that we owe to one another. We will always burn the Man."
The Ten Principlesof Burning Man
Anyone may be a part of Burning Man. We welcome and respect the stranger. No prerequisites exist for participation in our community.
Burning Man is devoted to acts of gift giving. The value of a gift is unconditional. Gifting does not contemplate a return or an exchange for something of equal value.
In order to preserve the spirit of gifting, our community seeks to create social environments that are unmediated by commercial sponsorships, transactions, or advertising. We stand ready to protect our culture from such exploitation. We resist the substitution of consumption for participatory experience.
Burning Man encourages the individual to discover, exercise and rely on his or her inner resources.
Radical self-expression arises from the unique gifts of the individual. No one other than the individual or a collaborating group can determine its content. It is offered as a gift to others. In this spirit, the giver should respect the rights and liberties of the recipient.
Our community values creative cooperation and collaboration. We strive to produce, promote and protect social networks, public spaces, works of art, and methods of communication that support such interaction.
We value civil society. Community members who organize events should assume responsibility for public welfare and endeavor to communicate civic responsibilities to participants. They must also assume responsibility for conducting events in accordance with local, state and federal laws.
Leaving No Trace
Our community respects the environment. We are committed to leaving no physical trace of our activities wherever we gather. We clean up after ourselves and endeavor, whenever possible, to leave such places in a better state than when we found them.
Our community is committed to a radically participatory ethic. We believe that transformative change, whether in the individual or in society, can occur only through the medium of deeply personal participation. We achieve being through doing. Everyone is invited to work. Everyone is invited to play. We make the world real through actions that open the heart.
Immediate experience is, in many ways, the most important touchstone of value in our culture. We seek to overcome barriers that stand between us and a recognition of our inner selves, the reality of those around us, participation in society, and contact with a natural world exceeding human powers. No idea can substitute for this experience.
Rate Burning Man
In The News!
- Burning Man Launches a Crowdfunding Campaign to Stay Alive - Digital Music News Aug 12, 2020
- Gigantic Black Lives Matter message appears at Burning Man site - SFGate Aug 06, 2020
- Burning Man Organizers Invite Fans to Discussion About Its Sustainability Solutions - EDM.com Jul 13, 2020
- VIDEO: Sacramento-Area Fans Build Burning Man Inspired Drive-Through Experience - Capital Public Radio News Jul 28, 2020
- See photos from Burning Man-inspired Summer Spark event - Sacramento Bee Jul 25, 2020
- Tune in: Burning Man's environmental sustainability conference - Dancing Astronaut Jul 17, 2020
- From Bryan to Burning Man: Event CEO grew up in Bryan - The Bryan Times Jul 05, 2020
- Burning Man Is Canceled, But You Can Still Get Creative - Forbes Apr 30, 2020
- With Burning Man Cancelled, Attendees Lend Trailers To Sacramento Health Workers In Isolation - Capital Public Radio News Apr 28, 2020
- Burning Man 2020 goes virtual with "The Multiverse" - Archinect Apr 11, 2020
- Burning Man's main ticket sale postponed indefinitely due to COVID-19 pandemic - Reno Gazette Journal Mar 31, 2020
- Burning Man postpones scheduled ticket sale event - KRNV My News 4 Mar 31, 2020
- Burning Man "thoughtfully" prepares for 2020 festival amid coronavirus - Dezeen Mar 24, 2020
- Burning Man assessing 2020 event plans; considering refund options for ticketholders - Reno Gazette Journal Mar 21, 2020