Salmon Arm Roots & Blues#salmonarmrootsandblues Home ▸ Festivals ▸ Canada ▸ British Columbia ▸ Salmon Arm ▸ Salmon Arm Roots & Blues
Please note that due to the COVID-19 pandemic, many events around the world are being cancelled or postponed. Please be sure to visit the official website of any event you are planning to attend to ensure that is has not been canceled.
Salmon Arm Roots & Blues
This is the general information page for Salmon Arm Roots & Blues. For specific events/years follow the links below.
Salmon Arm Roots & Blues 2022
Salmon Arm Roots & Blues 2020
Salmon Arm Roots & Blues 2019
Salmon Arm Roots & Blues 2018
Salmon Arm Roots & Blues 2017
Salmon Arm, British Columbia, Canada
The next Salmon Arm Roots & Blues will be happening sometime in the future.
Annual Summer Festival
Ages: From 0 To 100
Connect with Salmon Arm Roots & Blues
Salmon Arm Folk Music Society, Box 21, Salmon Arm, BC V1E 4N2
This festival's page is updated and maintained by volunteers and moderators. This festival has not been claimed yet. Please contact us to update any out of date information.
If you are associated with this festival then you may claim this entry and keep the data up to date.
A word from Salmon Arm Roots & Blues
- Salmon Arm ROOTSandBLUES welcomes new artistic directorSep 09, 2021
- 2020 Ticket OptionsApr 20, 2020
- SkerryvoreMar 02, 2020
- Scott SharrardMar 02, 2020
- Tony FurtadoMar 02, 2020
- Lindsay BeaverMar 02, 2020
- Tri-ContinentalMar 02, 2020
- ChilliwackJan 31, 2020
- Lula WilesJan 31, 2020
- KalabanteJan 31, 2020
- John YorkJan 31, 2020
- Kevin DempseyJan 31, 2020
- Corb LundNov 28, 2019
- B.C. World Music CollectiveNov 28, 2019
- Blue Moon MarqueeNov 28, 2019
- Sam LewisNov 28, 2019
- Josh + BexJul 25, 2019
- Guitar You ExperiencedMay 16, 2019
- Sean AshbyJun 25, 2019
- The OM SoundJun 25, 2019
About Salmon Arm Roots & Blues
The Salmon Arm Folk Music Society is a non-profit charitable organization that presents the annual ROOTS&BLUES festival the third weekend of every August. Additionally, the Salmon Arm Folk Music Society presents other Outreach activities in the community and area.
Mission Statement: We present excellent world class, culturally divers music and artistic experiences to enrich and build community.
Value Statement: To expose, entertain and enrich our community by delivering an excellent presentation of culturally diverse music and related artistic experiences, engaging a multi-generational audience.
Vision Statement: Celebrating Together
The ROOTS&BLUES Festival and Community Outreach
Heading into its 25th year, the Salmon Arm ROOTS&BLUES festival long ago established itself as one of the summer destination spots for fans and lovers of music ranging from Blues to Bluegrass, Celtic to Cuban and Americana to Afro-beat.
From humble beginnings of stand alone folk shows in Salmon Arm community halls, ROOTS&BLUES grew into a major western Canadian outdoor event that has played host to patrons from all over western Canada and the Pacific North West.
Located in the picturesque setting Shuswap Lake, ROOTS&BLUES is a three-day event offering audiences, multiple stages and diverse choices of musical styles. Daytime workshops are renowned for delivering high voltage performances. In addition to, a Thursday night Community Super Crawl with entertainment located throughout the downtown core, and a Member Appreciation Night concert at the Festival Barn Stage.
Produced by the not-for-profit Salmon Arm Folk Music Society, ROOTS&BLUES has also been applauded for continuing to help inspire emerging artists from the region as well as presenting some of the provinces most respected musical ambassadors such as Colin James, Kiran Ahluwalia, and Jim Byrnes.
Community outreach has been an important component in the Salmon Arm Folk Music Societys mandate since its inception.
The focus remains on the three day ROOTS&BLUES festival that ties incredible music into a shimmering tapestry that includes culinary delights from an international food village, a fun zone for children, an artisan market place featuring handcrafted Canadian made originals, and a tranquil camping site within earshot of the festival.
Twenty-five years and counting, not only the years, but also the ever expanding list of fans, volunteers, and friends of the Salmon Arm Folk Music Society.
Rate Salmon Arm Roots & Blues
In The News!
- Chilliwack on the map for Salmon Arm Roots and Blues - Salmon Arm Observer Jan 21, 2020
- Expansion sought for campground at Salmon Arm music festival - BCLocalNews Dec 29, 2019
- Roots and Blues Festival reveals acts for 2020 - Kamloops This Week Dec 01, 2019
- Roots & Blues Festival gets grant to attract new followers - Salmon Arm Observer Oct 11, 2019
- Salmon Arm Roots and Blues Festival exceeds expectations - Salmon Arm Observer Aug 20, 2019
- Next story Women take spotlight at Salmon Arm Roots and Blues - Vernon Morning Star Jul 29, 2019
- Kelowna couple win spot performing at Salmon Arm Roots and Blues â BC Local News - BCLocalNews Jul 27, 2019
- Emerging artists given chance at Shuswap's Roots Blues Festival - Pentiction Western News Jun 17, 2019
- Third World brings reggae fusion infusion to Roots and Blues - Sicamous Eagle Valley News Apr 12, 2019
- Third World brings reggae fusion infusion to Roots and Blues - Salmon Arm Observer Apr 12, 2019
- Top blues talent joins festival roster - Salmon Arm Observer Feb 20, 2019
- Fans and performers show love for Salmon Arm's Roots and Blues - Salmon Arm Observer Feb 13, 2019
- Camping extended to seven days for Roots & Blues - Salmon Arm Observer Feb 12, 2019
- B.C. duo, other Canadian artists, added to Roots and Blues lineup - Kamloops This Week Jan 31, 2019