Salmon Arm Roots & Blues#salmonarmrootsandblues Home ▸ Festivals ▸ Canada ▸ British Columbia ▸ Salmon Arm ▸ Salmon Arm Roots & Blues
Salmon Arm, British Columbia, Canada
The next Salmon Arm Roots & Blues will be happening sometime in the future.
Annual Summer Festival
Ages: From 0 To 100
Connect with Salmon Arm Roots & Blues
Salmon Arm Folk Music Society, Box 21, Salmon Arm, BC V1E 4N2
This festival's page is updated and maintained by volunteers and moderators. This festival has not been claimed yet. Please contact us to update any out of date information.
If you are associated with this festival then you may claim this entry and keep the data up to date.
A word from Salmon Arm Roots & Blues
- Josh + BexJul 25, 2019
- Guitar You ExperiencedMay 16, 2019
- Sean AshbyJun 25, 2019
- The OM SoundJun 25, 2019
- Tracy Lynn MusicMay 27, 2019
- The LYNNeSMay 27, 2019
- John Wort HannamMay 27, 2019
- Steve Pineo BandMay 27, 2019
- The Jim Cuddy BandDec 02, 2018
- Dawn PembertonMay 16, 2019
- The Unfaithful ServantsMay 16, 2019
- Luke WallaceMay 16, 2019
- Big Willie GMay 16, 2019
- Jordan Dick TrioMay 16, 2019
- Third WorldApr 12, 2019
- Ronnie Dean Harris aka OstwelveApr 12, 2019
- Tonye AganabaApr 12, 2019
- Ruthie FosterMar 29, 2019
- Early SpiritMar 15, 2019
- Anne LindsayMar 15, 2019
About Salmon Arm Roots & Blues
The Salmon Arm Folk Music Society is a non-profit charitable organization that presents the annual ROOTS&BLUES festival the third weekend of every August. Additionally, the Salmon Arm Folk Music Society presents other Outreach activities in the community and area.
Mission Statement: We present excellent world class, culturally divers music and artistic experiences to enrich and build community.
Value Statement: To expose, entertain and enrich our community by delivering an excellent presentation of culturally diverse music and related artistic experiences, engaging a multi-generational audience.
Vision Statement: Celebrating Together
The ROOTS&BLUES Festival and Community Outreach
Heading into its 25th year, the Salmon Arm ROOTS&BLUES festival long ago established itself as one of the summer destination spots for fans and lovers of music ranging from Blues to Bluegrass, Celtic to Cuban and Americana to Afro-beat.
From humble beginnings of stand alone folk shows in Salmon Arm community halls, ROOTS&BLUES grew into a major western Canadian outdoor event that has played host to patrons from all over western Canada and the Pacific North West.
Located in the picturesque setting Shuswap Lake, ROOTS&BLUES is a three-day event offering audiences, multiple stages and diverse choices of musical styles. Daytime workshops are renowned for delivering high voltage performances. In addition to, a Thursday night Community Super Crawl with entertainment located throughout the downtown core, and a Member Appreciation Night concert at the Festival Barn Stage.
Produced by the not-for-profit Salmon Arm Folk Music Society, ROOTS&BLUES has also been applauded for continuing to help inspire emerging artists from the region as well as presenting some of the provinces most respected musical ambassadors such as Colin James, Kiran Ahluwalia, and Jim Byrnes.
Community outreach has been an important component in the Salmon Arm Folk Music Societys mandate since its inception.
The focus remains on the three day ROOTS&BLUES festival that ties incredible music into a shimmering tapestry that includes culinary delights from an international food village, a fun zone for children, an artisan market place featuring handcrafted Canadian made originals, and a tranquil camping site within earshot of the festival.
Twenty-five years and counting, not only the years, but also the ever expanding list of fans, volunteers, and friends of the Salmon Arm Folk Music Society.
Rate Salmon Arm Roots & Blues
In The News!
- Top blues talent joins festival roster - Salmon Arm Observer Feb 20, 2019
- Fans and performers show love for Salmon Arm's Roots and Blues - Salmon Arm Observer Feb 13, 2019
- Camping extended to seven days for Roots & Blues - Salmon Arm Observer Feb 12, 2019
- B.C. duo, other Canadian artists, added to Roots and Blues lineup - Kamloops This Week Jan 31, 2019
- Salmon Arm Roots and Blues a smokin' hot affair - Salmon Arm Observer Aug 22, 2018
- Four more acts added to Roots and Blues Festival - Kamloops This Week Jan 18, 2019
- Roots & Blues adds four more acts to 2019 festival - Salmon Arm Observer Jan 15, 2019
- Shuswap's Roots & Blues adds world-class acts to roster - Pentiction Western News Dec 14, 2018
- Shuswap's Roots & Blues adds world-class acts to roster - Kelowna Capital News Dec 14, 2018
- Roster continues to grow for coming Roots and Blues music festival - Kamloops This Week Dec 20, 2018
- Roots & Blues adds world-class acts to roster - Salmon Arm Observer Dec 14, 2018
- Roots & Blues presents A Tribute to the Blues Songs of Christmas - Salmon Arm Observer Dec 06, 2018
- Valdy to bring his folk music magic to Roots and Blues - Sicamous Eagle Valley News Nov 21, 2018
- Musicians share stories at Salmon Arm Roots and Blues - Salmon Arm Observer Aug 18, 2018