Shambhala Music Festival#shambhala Home ▸ Festivals ▸ Canada ▸ British Columbia ▸ Nelson ▸ Shambhala Music Festival
Please note that due to the COVID-19 pandemic, many events around the world are being cancelled or postponed. Please be sure to visit the official website of any event you are planning to attend to ensure that is has not been canceled.
Shambhala Music Festival
This is the general information page for Shambhala Music Festival. For specific events/years follow the links below.
Nelson, British Columbia, Canada
The next Shambhala Music Festival will be happening sometime in the future.
Typical Attendance: 10000
Annual Summer festival
Ages: From 19
Connect with Shambhala Music Festival
This festival's page is updated and maintained by volunteers and moderators. This festival has not been claimed yet. Please contact us to update any out of date information.
If you are associated with this festival then you may claim this entry and keep the data up to date.
Blasts from the Past
About Shambhala Music Festival
Words from th festival
Shambhala Music Festival was born from a vision as grassroots as it gets. On a sunny Labour Day weekend back 1998, some 500 people gathered at the Salmo River Ranch for a party that showcased local art and music. Since those early, heady days, Shambhala grew with enthusiasm by word of mouth, quickly becoming a staple event for the West Coast underground electronic music scene. Today it attracts world renowned DJs and artists and some of the most eclectic, energetic fans in the universe. The festival is built on Shambhalove which shines bright to this day.
By 2010, fueled by what festival goers call Shambhalove, 10,000 guests were coming to dance and be free in the wilds of interior British Columbia. Today, people come to enjoy the festivals focus of providing amazing art, music and organic food supplied through the festivals own venues; Night Owl (locally roasted coffee from Oso Negro), Farm Fresh (fresh, organic ingredients made into smoothies) and Blaze Burgers (meat produced from happy cows raised on the Salmo River Ranch). For 2017, our 20th anniversary the journey continues to grow and evolve, with some new stage developments that are sure to blow minds.
The Bundschuh family have worked together to make the festival what it is today. Friends continue to bring friends who become crew, who grow into the extended farmily. The Salmo River Ranch is a 500-acre working farm year round playing home to cows, horses, farm dogs, pigs, chickens and miniature donkeys. Gardens and hay fields are the normal business affairs from September through July. There is also a small sawmill on the property that transforms into the main gate during showtime. The pristine Salmo River runs through it all.
Rate Shambhala Music Festival
In The News!
- Shambhala Music Festival given 'green light' to proceed with planning - iNFOnews Apr 14, 2020
- Shambhala Drops Huge 2020 Lineup - EDMTunes Mar 01, 2020
- Shambhala adds 'Superhuman' addition to 2020 Lineup - Dance Music Northwest Jan 22, 2020
- Next story Shambhala named best music festival in North America - Victoria News Sep 18, 2019
- Shambhala Takes The Music Festival Experience Back To Its Roots - This Song is Sick Sep 09, 2019
- Shambhala Music Festival Releases Official Aftermovie - EDM.com Sep 19, 2019
- Shambhala Music Festival Drops Official Aftermovie, Early Bird Tickets On Sale NOW - Your EDM Sep 17, 2019
- Wildfire risk prompts Shambhala Music Festival to move to July - Nelson Star Aug 29, 2019
- Shambhala Music Festival makes harm reduction a priority - Straight.com Aug 10, 2019
- ZHU's Blacklizt project at Shambhala 2019: What it is, what to expect, and what to wear - Dance Music Northwest Aug 06, 2019
- A Short Guide to Beating the Heat at Shambhala Music Festival - Dance Music Northwest Aug 06, 2019
- How Shambhala Built a Strong Sense of Community - EDM Identity Aug 03, 2019
- Shambhala Music Festival 2019 Set Times, Festival Map, and More! - EDM Identity Aug 02, 2019
- 5 Artists Not to Miss at Shambhala Music Festival 2019 - Noiseporn Jul 31, 2019