Shambhala Music Festival#shambhala Home ▸ Festivals ▸ Canada ▸ British Columbia ▸ Nelson ▸ Shambhala Music Festival
Nelson, British Columbia, Canada
Aug 09, 2019 - Shambhala Music Festival 2019 starts in 139 days!
Typical Attendance: 10000
Annual Summer festival
Ages: From 19
Connect with Shambhala Music Festival
Blasts from the Past
About Shambhala Music Festival
Words from th festival
Shambhala Music Festival was born from a vision as grassroots as it gets. On a sunny Labour Day weekend back 1998, some 500 people gathered at the Salmo River Ranch for a party that showcased local art and music. Since those early, heady days, Shambhala grew with enthusiasm by word of mouth, quickly becoming a staple event for the West Coast underground electronic music scene. Today it attracts world renowned DJs and artists and some of the most eclectic, energetic fans in the universe. The festival is built on Shambhalove which shines bright to this day.
By 2010, fueled by what festival goers call Shambhalove, 10,000 guests were coming to dance and be free in the wilds of interior British Columbia. Today, people come to enjoy the festivals focus of providing amazing art, music and organic food supplied through the festivals own venues; Night Owl (locally roasted coffee from Oso Negro), Farm Fresh (fresh, organic ingredients made into smoothies) and Blaze Burgers (meat produced from happy cows raised on the Salmo River Ranch). For 2017, our 20th anniversary the journey continues to grow and evolve, with some new stage developments that are sure to blow minds.
The Bundschuh family have worked together to make the festival what it is today. Friends continue to bring friends who become crew, who grow into the extended farmily. The Salmo River Ranch is a 500-acre working farm year round playing home to cows, horses, farm dogs, pigs, chickens and miniature donkeys. Gardens and hay fields are the normal business affairs from September through July. There is also a small sawmill on the property that transforms into the main gate during showtime. The pristine Salmo River runs through it all.
Rate Shambhala Music Festival
In The News!
- 15 insanely amazing snaps from Canada's Shambhala Music Festival
- 21 years of Shambhala
- Shambhala 2018: Relive The Most Magical Moments [REVIEW + AFTERMOVIE]
- Did I Just Dream That? Tales from my first Shambhala Music Festival
- Buku Slayed Shambhala Music Fest [Interview]
- ANKORS Reports No Fentanyl in Drug Tests at Shambhala 2018
- Homeward Bound: All of the Shambhala 2018 Live-Sets That Are Available
- After 20 years, Shambhala music fest going strong while others take a bow
- Shambhala Music Festival unlikely to be affected by nearby wildfire
- Shambhala Music Festival announces stage splits for 2018 edition
- DMNW's Stage-by-Stage Guide to Every Artist at Shambhala 2018
- Shambhala invests in ANKORS' drug-testing tech
- 10 Can't Miss Artists at Shambhala Music Festival
- Five Must-See Artists to Catch at Shambhala 2018