Shambhala Music Festival#shambhala Home ▸ Festivals ▸ Canada ▸ British Columbia ▸ Nelson ▸ Shambhala Music Festival
Nelson, British Columbia, Canada
The next Shambhala Music Festival will be happening sometime in the future.
Typical Attendance: 10000
Annual Summer festival
Ages: From 19
Connect with Shambhala Music Festival
This festival's page is updated and maintained by volunteers and moderators. This festival has not been claimed yet. Please contact us to update any out of date information.
If you are associated with this festival then you may claim this entry and keep the data up to date.
Blasts from the Past
About Shambhala Music Festival
Words from th festival
Shambhala Music Festival was born from a vision as grassroots as it gets. On a sunny Labour Day weekend back 1998, some 500 people gathered at the Salmo River Ranch for a party that showcased local art and music. Since those early, heady days, Shambhala grew with enthusiasm by word of mouth, quickly becoming a staple event for the West Coast underground electronic music scene. Today it attracts world renowned DJs and artists and some of the most eclectic, energetic fans in the universe. The festival is built on Shambhalove which shines bright to this day.
By 2010, fueled by what festival goers call Shambhalove, 10,000 guests were coming to dance and be free in the wilds of interior British Columbia. Today, people come to enjoy the festivals focus of providing amazing art, music and organic food supplied through the festivals own venues; Night Owl (locally roasted coffee from Oso Negro), Farm Fresh (fresh, organic ingredients made into smoothies) and Blaze Burgers (meat produced from happy cows raised on the Salmo River Ranch). For 2017, our 20th anniversary the journey continues to grow and evolve, with some new stage developments that are sure to blow minds.
The Bundschuh family have worked together to make the festival what it is today. Friends continue to bring friends who become crew, who grow into the extended farmily. The Salmo River Ranch is a 500-acre working farm year round playing home to cows, horses, farm dogs, pigs, chickens and miniature donkeys. Gardens and hay fields are the normal business affairs from September through July. There is also a small sawmill on the property that transforms into the main gate during showtime. The pristine Salmo River runs through it all.
Rate Shambhala Music Festival
In The News!
- Shambhala Takes The Music Festival Experience Back To Its Roots - This Song is Sick Sep 09, 2019
- How Shambhala Built a Strong Sense of Community - EDM Identity Aug 03, 2019
- Shambhala Music Festival 2019 Set Times, Festival Map, and More! - EDM Identity Aug 02, 2019
- 5 Artists Not to Miss at Shambhala Music Festival 2019 - Noiseporn Jul 31, 2019
- Unraveling the Mysteries of Shambhala Music Festival - EDM.com Jul 31, 2019
- Shambhala through the ages: The evolution of a raver (Editorial) - Dance Music Northwest Jul 27, 2019
- Shambhala Music Festival offers unique mix of Mother Nature and music | Listed - Daily Hive Jul 27, 2019
- Shambhala 2019's biggest set time conflicts, and how to navigate them - Dance Music Northwest Jul 22, 2019
- DJ Rennie Foster: Bringing the house music home - Sooke News Mirror Jul 14, 2019
- Exclusive: Jack Beats delivers an hour long mix for Shambhala - Dancing Astronaut Jul 07, 2019
- DJ Rennie Foster: Bringing the house music home - Monday Mag Jul 01, 2019
- This Canadian Music Festival Beat Out Coachella As The Best Festival In All Of North America In New Ranking - Narcity May 30, 2019
- Shambhala Music Festival 2019 Announces Powerhouse Lineup By Stage - EDM Identity Apr 12, 2019
- GRiZ Set To Bring His Funky, Horn-Heavy Beats To St. Augustine With Young Bae & Dwilly - Live for Live Music Apr 12, 2019